Become a Member of the Arts and Crafts Association!
Ever since the Arts and Crafts Association took on the Historic Villa Metzler and revitalised it both directly and indirectly through various events, awareness for the Museum of Applied Arts increased and its attractiveness improved. This has also brought a gratifying increase in memberships and means that the association can now provide even more support and do even more for its members.
Membership brings you:
- Year-round free entry to the Museum of Applied Arts
- Special tours through the collection and exhibitions as well as previews and presentation of individual exponents
- A varied program with events in the Historic Villa Metzler
- Lectures within the framework of the Diesterweg-Simon series held by the Polytechnic Society
- Visits to friends, excursions and trips on the traces of art with an expert guide
- Subsidised subscriptions of the magazines WELTKUNST und ART AUREA
- Non-material participation in the care and support of an institution in Frankfurt and a valuable Frankfurt building
- Participation and involvement in the care and support of vibrant arts, crafts and design.
In 2011, for example, the association produced the CD "Sounds of the Era" as annual gift for its members, which was recorded on the museum’s historic Rucker’s harpsichord, that has its place in the museum. Money that was raised with the CD will be spent on the care and restoration of this valuable instrument from 1622.
For the first time in 2013 the Arts and Crafts Association held a two-day sales exhibition of modern and valuable arts and crafts called “M.13” in the rooms of the Historic Villa Metzler, which was immensely popular. The exhibition continued till 2016 and will also take place in 2017 with "M.17".
An important prerequisite for all of this is, that the association has enough means and members at its disposal.
We look forward to seeing you!