Become a Member of the Arts and Crafts Association!
Ever since the Arts and Crafts Association took on the Historic Villa Metzler and revitalized it both directly and indirectly through various events, the awareness for the Museum of Applied Arts increased and its attractiveness improved. This has also brought a gratifying increase in memberships and consequently, the association is able to provide even more support and do even more for its members.
- Year-round free entry to the Museum of Applied Arts,
- special tours through the collection and exhibitions as well as previews and presentation of individual exhibits,
- a varied program with events in the Historic Villa Metzler,
- lectures within the framework of the Diesterweg-Simon series held by the Polytechnic Society,
- visits to connected 'friends' (museums, art galleries etc.), excursions and trips on the traces of art with an expert guide,
- subsidized subscriptions of the magazines WELTKUNST und ART AUREA,
- non-material participation in the care and support of an institution in Frankfurt and a valuable Frankfurter building,
- participation and involvement in the care and support of vibrant arts, crafts and design.
In 2011, for example, the association produced the CD "Sounds of the Era" as an annual gift for its members, which was recorded on the museum’s historic Rucker’s harpsichord, that has its place in the museum. The monetary return from the sale of the CD will be spent on the care and restoration of this valuable instrument from 1622.
What is more, in 2013 the Arts and Crafts Association held a two-day sales exhibition of modern and valuable arts and crafts called “M.13” in the rooms of the Historic Villa Metzler for the first time. It was immensely popular with over 1000 interested visitors. The exhibition continued till 2018 and will also take place in 2019 with "M.19".
An important prerequisite for all of this is, that the association has enough means and members at its disposal.
We look forward to meeting you!